Food Union excites consumers with Summer 2022 ice-cream novelties that tap into industry-shaping trends
Food Union – a leading international ice cream and dairy production and distribution group – has demonstrated its continued commitment to innovation and delighting consumers with its 2022 launch of summer novelties. Food Union has invested in the development of around 80 unique products across global markets, including its key markets such as Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Norway, Denmark, and Romania.
In anticipation of the summer months, and leveraging their strength in agile product innovation and development, Food Union has created a spectrum of novel ice creams that will delight consumers spanning healthy alternatives of vegan and low-cal ice cream through to bold experiments with mixology of crispy, crunchy and juicy textures, as well as carefully designed flavors that meet local preferences.
“Our approach to developing and launching new and exciting ice cream novelties stands out in the new product portfolio of 2022. It has products that represent global trends and very classic and locally recognizable flavours in a new interpretation. It contains exciting products for children and products for very mature and refined tastes. It has ice creams rich in cream and low-calorie and vegan products. Finally, this portfolio is designed to make ice cream available to anyone,” says Artūrs Čirjevskis, CEO of Food Union in Europe.
The 2022 novelties are grounded in trends that are shaping the industry:
Healthy alternatives for a healthier life. Consumers in the post-Covid era have become more health-conscious, with consumers looking for both vegan and low-calorie ice creams. Food Union continues to prioritize the development of numerous products to cater for alternative diets:
- Premia watermelon sorbet on a stick, available in Estonia and Lithuania
- Hjem-IS Nul Vaffel Karamel – Zero added sugar Cone with caramel and salted Almond flakes, available in Denmark
- Underground Vegan Raspberry ice cream with liquorice and chili in 500 ml pint, available in Denmark
- Underground Vegan Banana and cocoa flavoured ice cream in 500 ml pint, available in Denmark
- Premier Is VegaNice raspberry vegan ice cream with liqorice sauce in a black wafer cone in a single format, available in Denmark
- ICE POP COOL lemonade ice lolly with mint on a stick, available in Romania
Creating and refining trusted, timeless classics. Ice cream lovers have always been divided into those who seek adventure and excitement, and those who respect values and traditions. The latter often focus on only few flavors of ice creams, for which various alternatives have been enhanced to ensure these trusted classics deliver on quality, recipe, and taste balance. For these exquisite ice cream lovers, Food Union has provided a range of world-renowned classic flavors, releasing new quintessential delights:
- Eriti Rammus Cherry ice cream in a chocolate glazing on a stick, available in Estonia
- Premia Peppermint ice cream with pieces of chocolate in a wafer cup, available in Estonia
- Premia premium Vanilla ice cream with Pina Colada filling in a chocolate glazing on a stick, available in Estonia
- ISBJORN IS Krone-Is Lemon cake – lemon flavoured ice cream and lemon filling topped with meringue pieces in wafer cone, available in Norway
- ISBJORN IS Mini Krone-Is Creme Brulee – Mini ice cream cones with crème brûlée flavoured ice cream and caramel sauce, topped with chocolate coated butter crocant, available in Norway
A playground of adventurous flavours. Those, who perceive ice cream enjoyment as an adventure, can’t wait for the summer to push their own flavour boundaries with new, exciting cold delicacies. This is true with respect to both young ice cream lovers and adults, for whom life is still one big playground. Food Union respects this ‘joie de vivre’ and this year has created a wide and youthful range of ice creams in different shapes, sizes, and designs – from crazy flavoured creamy ice cream to refreshingly jolly juice lollies.
- Premier Is Zombis – Blueberry & kiwi flavored lolly with raspberry topping on a stick in a single and multipack format – makes your tongue blue, available in Denmark
- TIO banana-pineapple flavoured ice cream on a stick, available in Latvia
- JUNGLE POP cola ice lolly squeezable, available in Latvia
- POLS peanut flavoured ice cream with peanut butter sauce in a chocolate glazed bar, available in Latvia
- Väike Tom Apple and Cherry flavoured ice cream wrapped around vanilla ice cream on a stick (Krokojäätis), available in Estonia
- Jocker Lemonade and Gaviola flavored ice lolly, available in Lithuania
Nostalgic flavours that tap into the local preferences. Although love for ice cream is universal, people in different parts of the world have slightly different taste preferences related to local products, local traditions and childhood nostalgia. Food Union knows its customers well in its home markets, so every year it delights with flavors that are close to the hearts of the Balts and Scandinavians:
- POLS nougat flavoured ice cream in a sugar cup, available in Latvia
- KĀRUMS vanilla curd ice cream in a chocolate glazed bar, available in Latvia
- Eriti Rammus Rhubarb ice cream in a wafer cone, available in Estonia
- Premier Is Snøfler – Vanilla ice cream with chunks of “Snøfler” – Danish cake – and caramel sauce in 500 ml pint, available in Denmark
- Premier Is Drømmekage – Vanilla ice cream with Danish “Drømmekage” in 500 ml pint, available in Denmark
Complex Mixology. Food Union utilizes the power of mixology to inspire exciting new tastes and create ice cream that evokes an experimental joy by utilizing unique flavours across the spectrum.
- POLS biscuit flavoured ice cream with crunchy chocolate coated balls in a wafer cone, available in Latvia and Lithuania
- POLS biscuit flavoured ice cream with sugar sprinkles in a sugar wafer cone, available in Lithuania
- Eriti Rammus Vanilla ice cream with pineapple jam and pieces of chocolate in a wafer cone, available in Estonia
- Premier Is Brownie Chocolate ice cream with chunks of brownie in 500 ml pint, available in Denmark
- ISBJORN IS x Anthon Berg Ice Cream Cake – ice cream cake with marzipan sauce and chocolate pieces covered with dark chocolate and decorated with almond pieces, available in Norway